CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Playing in the leaves

I took Jeffrey to the park yesterday so Daddy could have some alone time to wrap up some school work. We're trying to take advantage of the few "park weather" days we have left before we're stuck in the house with a newborn for the winter. He had to taste test the leaves of course ;)I can't believe we made such a beautiful baby.

I think he's mastered the art of the sippy cup. Or at least he's on his way...he's finally drinking from it instead of chewing on it or rolling it around like it's a toy. Boy does he love apple juice! He's learning how to be impatient and demanding, so it's an important time to show him who is boss. But I still smother him in kisses...and he's smothering little girls in kisses. At the park and at play-dates - he seems to understand that boys are to play with and girls are to kiss.

The solid foods he happily eats now include: chicken (nuggets or baked), hot dogs, toast, peas, mac n cheese, pancakes, banana in a mesh feeder (it looks like a pacifier but the part he puts in his mouth is mesh and I put fruit in it for him to chew), french fries.
The ones he just picks at and occasionally gets into his mouth are: broccoli, pasta, and cantaloupe in a mesh feeder.









I'm still feeling decent, although my right foot has looked like a marshmallow for a couple days. So I've been trying to do housework in one run so I can sit down and elevate it for a while. Jeff has got November off from school, and I will have a little over a month off beginning around Nov 5th.

The doc I saw last week said that they want to induce me at 39/40 weeks. I totally didn't expect that, so I questioned it and he explained that being as the baby will be ready to come out and be healthy at that point, there's no sense in keeping her in there when she's putting a lot of strain on my body by increasing my blood pressure. I can't really deny that, I know high bp is dangerous, and she will be big and healthy at that point so I don't think I'll fight their decision. 40 weeks will be the day before Thanksgiving - and I'm NOT spending Thanksgiving in the hospital. So I think I'll give them the go ahead to schedule an induction for 39 weeks, which will be Nov 19th. That way we'll both be out of the hospital for Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that I'll go into labor by myself before Nov 19th. If they do induce, I don't expect it to be the nightmare it was last time, a lot of things are different this time around.

0 comments: