CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 24, 2008

35 Weeks - Doc Appt

Jeff and Jeffrey came with me, because I was getting an u/s and Jeff wanted to see her. The NST went good...the whole time I was laying there relaxing, I could hear Jeffrey out in the hallways going "DADADADADADADADADAADA!!!" lol

The u/s went really good...they say she weighs 6lbs now! When they said that, let out a few tears. Just the thought of having a "normal" weight baby makes me so happy!!! They were going to confirm that she's "still a girl"...so the guy doing the u/s (he was a student) was looking for her lips - yes - that's what he called them. Not labia, her lips. Jeff squirmed in his seat lol
And they took a 3d pic of her face for us.

Then for my doc appt - apparently they want to induce me at 39/40 weeks, which took me by surprise because no one ever mentioned it before, I kinda assumed I was on the right path for a good, "normal" delivery, but they said that being as the baby is the cause of the high bp, as long as she's healthy and ready to be out, they want to take her out. Everyone kept saying "So we're inducing at 39 weeks..." and after a few times of hearing that, I said "Well you know, there IS a chance I can go into spontaneous labor!!"

And they want me to do another 24 hr urine test. Yay, because I really enjoy collecting it the 4 times I go during the middle of the night and keeping it in the fridge!

So hopefully I'll just go into labor like a normal person would...I don't know, I've never made it that far before! I'm not having any ctx or anything yet, but hopefully next week we'll get rolling!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So exciting!!!! :) I'm praying it all goes smoothly (and NATURALLY!!!!!) :) I can't WAIT to hear the news!!!