CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

We need an update!

Sorry it's been about 2 months since I've posted anything. Those 2 months have been crazy, with the holidays & packing & moving & school work & adjusting to having 2 under 2! It never ends around here. We've moved into a much much bigger place and are very happy here! There's room for our family here. Now that we're here, I can't believe how long we stayed in the condo, and how small it really was.

Jeff continues to excel at everything he does...he finished up his last college class with a 100 average, and is at this moment returning from a formal school he took in NC, where he performed so well yesterday that the teacher told him he didn't have to take the final exam today! He makes me sick ;) We're almost opposites in that respect. He over-achieves, while I do just enough to get by. Not because I want it that way, of course. But because that I can't afford to put any more time into anything else around here! I just can't hold myself up to those standards anymore.

Jeffrey is a full-blown walker now. Almost as soon as we moved in here, he just took off. I guess children really do need ROOM to grow, and that condo just didn't have enough room. Makes me sad because I feel like it's my fault, and that I slowed him down. Oh well, no biggie I guess. It's a lessons learned. He's definitely understanding what we're saying now. I can ask him if he wants to go potty with mama and he walks to the bathroom. :) No, we're not potty-training yet, but it's never too early to introduce it I suppose. He's a picky eater, in my opinion. Some of his favs are PB&J with milk for lunch, grape juice, fruit parfaits from McDs, ckn nugget kids meal from McDs, stuffing, and cheerios for breakfast. He shovels them in by the handful!

Adrianna is smiling, cooing, and just being a happy little girl :) It was very difficult for me for the first 2 months...she seemed to cry for no apparent reason, Jeff didn't take any middle of the night feedings because I'm breastfeeding - so I got crappy sleep, and trying to take care of Jeffrey during the day was just plain hard. But now that we're moved and we have room, we're all much happier, and it's much easier! Adrianna has her own room with her own crib and dresser. She sits in Jeffrey's old bouncer (of course, we got her a new, expensive one that she doesn't seem to like near as much!) and talks to the fish that move around when she kicks. She's an excellent nurser, and I typically only have to get up twice in the middle of the night to feed her. The 2nd feednig is so close to "wake up" time that I might as well not even go back to sleep...

There are little playgrounds all over the place here in the community, and we have a nice sized fenced in back yard. I can't wait for summer and spring so that Jeffrey can experience the outdoors as a toddler. Lord help me.

0 comments: